EARTHSHIP ZUNI: FEBRUARY 07 – 20, 2022
The next phase of the EARTHSHIP ZUNI project will take place FEBRUARY 07 – 20, 2022, and will be located in Zuni Pueblo, New Mexico. This is a two week program which will enable participants to learn how to build a wood simple survival Earthship from experienced instructors while building a much needed veterinary clinic for the Pueblo of Zuni.
Please note that this Earthship has already been started. Focus will be on the interior, including insulation, floors, decking and installing the Earthship water and power systems.
There is a tuition fee required to attend this program, which goes back to the production of the project as well as materials and tools.
How to sign up:
2 Pay your signup fee. The signup fee is $1,000. This amount will go straight to making this project happen.
Note: We offer a $200 discount for volunteers from previous BPE projects and 2021 Earthship Academy students (= $800).
Remember that you can also ask your friends and family to donate towards your participation fee! To do so, just click on the Donate button below, share that link with them and ask them to write your name in the Comments section. Easy!
If you prefer to send us a check please mail your check to:
Biotecture Planet Earth, P.O. Box 386
El Prado, New Mexico, 87529 USA
Contact email@example.com if you need an invoice or if you have any questions.
3 Receive a confirmation email from our staff!
You are all set and you can start booking your travel to Zuni!
THERE ARE ONLY 15 SPOTS FOR THIS PROJECT, WE RECOMMEND YOU PAY YOUR TUITION FEE OR AT LEAST A $200 DEPOSIT (95% REFUNDABLE) ASAP!
What can I expect?
The Earthship program offers extensive training in Earthship design principles, construction methods, and philosophy. The workshop features a mix of hands-on training on the construction site as well as some lectures and Q&A sessions in place. This session counts as an Earthship FIELD STUDY as one of the steps towards the Earthship Academy graduation.
This is a hands-on project, please come prepared. Some tasks include but are not limited to:
Building with natural and recycled materials (tire pounding, bottle brick walls, etc)
Carpentry and insulation
Plumbing and solar electrical systems
… and much more, all of this surrounded by an expert construction crew and a group of likeminded people!
Biotecture Planet Earth works with Earthship construction experts to ensure that participants receive the most out of their experience, both students as well as local participants. The final number of teachers will depend on how many students we have but the crew will be lead by Phil Basehart, who has 30 years of experience with Earthships.
Once you have registered for this project, you will receive a full information pack with logistical information, including what to bring etc. Here is an outline only:
Location: The project is located in Zuni Pueblo, in New Mexico.
Transport: You will be responsible for your own travel costs and itineraries to and from Zuni. Please plan to arrive the day before the project starts (February 6) and leave on the last day (February 20). Access is by car only.
Accommodation: We have been able to secure accommodation in nearby apartments for a cost of $200 per person for the entire time. This will be paid in cash upon arrival. Please feel free to find your own accommodation alternatively.
Schedule: We will be working from 8AM to 4:30PM every day, with the exact schedule to be confirmed once we arrive. There will be a lunch break, please bring your own lunch.
More logistical information will be shared once you sign up, if you do have any specific questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All participants will have to present COVID test results that are 48 hours old max.
In case of testing positive or not being able to attend because of travel restrictions, we will reimburse 95% of your sign-up fee. The remaining 5% will be used to cover admin expenses.
You will also be able to use your signup fee towards another BPE project in the future if you wish to do that.
We will have sanitary and hygienic measures in place on site to lower the risk of COVID as much as possible. We will ask every participant to comply with these measures. We have a zero tolerance policy on our jobsites, anybody not complying will be asked to leave.
Please note that there might be extra policies in place in February depending on the COVID status in Zuni Pueblo. We will communicate these as they arise. Thank you for your understanding.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUPPORT THIS PROJECT EVEN IF YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE?
We need your help! This project is exclusively funded by the generous donations of individuals and volunteers just like yourself! Please donate to help us make a difference! (All donations are tax deductible).