Here we will be sharing our latest blog posts from our staff and contributors!
What is an Earthship?
An Earthship is a state-of-the-art self-sustainable off-grid building that follows six basic principles, covering six basic human needs by:
- Building with Natural and Repurposed materials.
- Heating and cooling through thermal mass to create a comfortable living environment.
- Using wind and solar energy to create electricity.
- Harvesting and filtering rain water to provide drinking and wash water.
- Containing and treating its own waste water without external contamination.
- Producing its own food in an integrated greenhouse.
In addition, Earthships are resistant to natural disasters such as typhoons and earthquakes.